here's what you'll need for 6 sandwich cookies...
1 mashed (over-ripe) banana -- about 3/4 cup
1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter
2 tbsp honey (or agave nectar or maple syrup)
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate morsels
2 tbsp peanut butter
preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. mix all the cookie ingredients together until combined.
2. divide mixture into 12 cookies (so that you can make 6 sandwiches), and place them on a non-stick baking tray.
3. bake for 11-13 minutes, until cookies are just slightly browned (you'll see the coconut browning).
4. remove from oven, and allow to cool.
5. while cookies cool, melt chocolate in microwave and combine with 2 tbsp peanut butter.
6. spread filling evenly on 6 of the cookies (you can gently press the cookies flat if you want a more uniform surface to spread the filling on), and then top each with another cookie.
fyi - this is a very, very doughy cookie. it has the texture and taste of nearly raw dough -- which is exactly how i prefer my baked treats : )
you can store these in the fridge for up to 5 days. (want to see the recipe that inspired this one? check it out here.)