|baked egg cups : )|
last night i made a super easy (and yummy) dinner for craig and me. these delicious little egg cups are perfect for breakfast or dinner and are so simple to prepare.
what you'll need...
1 muffin tin
6 slices of cold cuts (turkey or ham)
1/2 small onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 slice sharp provolone
cooking spray or olive oil mister
salt & pepper
|assembling the cups|
1. preheat oven to 375
2. chop onion and saute in olive oil. add garlic. season with salt & pepper.
3. spray 6 muffin cups with oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking (fill unused cups 1/3 of way with water).
4. line sprayed cups with slices of cold cuts and crack 1 large egg into each lined cup.
5. season with salt & pepper and then top each cup with spoonful with onion/garlic mixture.
6. divide butter and provolone evenly and top each cup.
7. bake for approximately 15 minutes until tops are lightly browned, but yolks are still a little runny.
8. enjoy!!! (fyi...you may need to loosen edges with a knife for easy removal from muffin tin.)
|butter & provolone|
serving size suggestions: 1 cup makes for a terrific breakfast with a slice of toast or bagel. if you're making them for dinner serve with roasted veggies, baked rice or salad - i would eat 2, craig would eat 3 to give you an idea : )
|top with butter & cheese|
(and for you health nuts out there, they're only 125-150 calories per cup.).