I’ve talked to hundreds of women about what success looks like -- and (surprise, surprise!) every single one of them has a different answer!
It’s kind of funny that “success”, a term we throw around quite a bit in the online business space, is actually extremely personal and very nuanced.
Success for me isn’t success for you. One isn’t better, one isn’t worse. They’re just different because we’re different.
The problem is, too many of us are holding ourselves to someone else’s standard of success and haven’t taken the time (or given ourselves the permission) to define what success really means for us.
So, how do we do that?
After years of thinking success is something “out there” that we have to get to, how do we reset and bring it out from within ourselves?
The first step (and a super fun step, too!) is to define your vision.
Having a vision -- a clear sense of where you’re going -- is an essential building block of Business Clarity. But, figuring out exactly how to clarify your vision isn’t always the easiest thing.
Luckily, I have some really fun ways to start mining out your vision so you can begin to clearly see what success looks/feels/smells/tastes like for you!!
- Ask yourself, “What does success FEEL like?” and then journal or record your answer. No censoring. Let it flow.
- Create a “Vivid Vision” Pinterest Board and pin things that make you smile, things that make you (or would make you) feel successful or things that you desire for your life and business. Here’s mine.
- Write out a list of 20+ things you want for yourself and/or your business. Nothing is too big or too small. Give yourself permission to dream!
- Make an old school vision board complete with magazine clippings, post-its and pictures.
- Sit with it in meditation. One of my favorite times to develop my vision is during my morning meditation practice with a “Future Self Visualization.” Not sure what that is? No problem! I’ve recorded a quick 8 min version here that you can listen to now.
As you flesh out your vision, remember there is no right or wrong. There is no ultimate version of “success” that you have to align with -- it’s ALL up to you!
So, if it’s all up to you, how do you know if you’re on track or veering off course?
Gauge it by the way you feel.
If what you’re writing/envisioning/creating feels GOOD, you’re on track. Keep it up!
If whatever you’re doing is bringing up negative thoughts or emotions (like pressure, anxiety, dread or boredom), it’s a clear sign that you’re not in alignment with the success that is right for you. Back off. Go easy. Try something else until you find something that resonates and feels better.
Your life and business can (and should!) be whatever you most want them to be, but one thing is for sure, you can’t keep doing what you’re doing if you’re not happy with the results you’re currently receiving. We need to welcome change and embrace growth in order to align with our very own highest version of success.
Later this month my signature group program, Business Clarity Accelerator is opening its doors for a limited time to welcome in a new, intimate group of women entrepreneurs who are committed to finding the Business Clarity they need to fast track their version of success.
If you’re interested in learning more about the program and seeing if it’s a good fit for you at this time, place your name on the VIP waitlist, and you’ll be the first to know when more details are available.