starting a yoga business isn't easy -- but there are plenty of great (and FREE!) tools that certainly make it easier.
one of the beautiful things about starting your own business these days is that there are so many amazing platforms, websites, and social media sites that you can make use of to streamline your marketing, reach your ideal students, and grow your yoga following for little or no money!
you no longer need $5k to start a website, $10k to market & advertise, $3k for some decent PR, or a hefty deposit & monthly rent for a studio -- you can do it all yourself & handle 99% of your biz online!
in truth, all you need is to believe in yourself, some stick-t0-it-ness, a lot of heart, and to remember that you're here to make a difference in your own unique and special way!
if you're ready to get serious about making yoga your career -- you've come to the right place!
here is my list of some of the best F-R-E-E business+marketing tools for yoga teachers :-)
- Mailchimp - use mailchimp to start a yoga newsletter for your students -- it's a great way to build relationships, grow your yoga community, and establish yourself as a yoga expert
- Hootsuite - this platform allows you to manage & schedule ALL of your social media accounts. if you NEVER remember to update facebook or twitter, you'll love this :-)
- Buffer - another great app for social media. use buffer to stagger & spread out your tweets and posts so that they drip out to your social media sites over time
- Wordpress - this is what i built my website on, and what most web designers/programmers use and recommend...AND it's free! claim your website or blog today on wordpress.org
- Facebook Pages - as a yoga teacher, you NEED a facebook page that is separate from your personal account. a facebook page is specifically designed for entrepreneurs and businesses so that fans, followers, and students have place to find and connect with you without seeing your personal family pics.
- Twitter - even if you're unfamiliar with twitter and how to use it, it's still a good idea to claim your name. that way, once you get big and famous, and want to start "tweeting", you won't have anyone else out there pretending to be you!
- Yoga Trail - yoga trail is a premier & very popular yoga listing site where teachers and studios can create professional profiles so that people searching for yoga instruction in your area can find you. plus, it's totally free!!!
- The Yoga Recipe - this is a totally ingenious new site that i recently found. there are two ways to make use of the yoga recipe: (1) you can create a "shop" and sell your class plans, sequences, playlists, and more, OR (2) you can shop for them! the beautiful thing about this site is that it's by yoga teachers, for yoga teachers, and serves the yoga community as a whole! so cool!
- BONUS - my CALM biz newsletter - every week i share practical & actionable biz and marketing advice for yoga teachers with the hope of inspiring you to turn your teaching hobby into a career. it's totally free to sign-up AND when you do, you'll recieve a copy of my Yoga Biz Essentials e-book as a thank you.
ok, so there you have it. 8 (+BONUS 9th) great marketing+business resources that are totally FREE and fun to use!
check out ONE today, and post a comment below and let me know what you thought about it :-)