i recently had the privilege of chatting with gary vaynerchuk - best-selling author, business guru, multi-passionate entrepreneur, and social media king (he has nearly 1,000,000 twitter followers and over 115,000 facebook likes!). with passion, ambition, drive, and endless enthusiasm, gary, a self-taught entrepreneur, has become "one of the top 20 people every entrepreneur should follow" according to Business Week, and has appeared on countless programs including Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Ellen, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, and NPR. during our CALM biz chat, i asked for his candid business advice for yoga teachers who are ready to turn their yoga teaching "hobby" into a fun, fulfilling, and sustainable career.
during our conversation we delved into:
- what is the first step toward transforming your passion into a steady source of income?
- how important is a yoga niche?
- how do you know if you have what it takes to turn your passion/hobby into a career?
- what is the benefit of an online presence for local teachers?
- and, i ended with asking gary has he ever tried yoga -- his response was surprising!
if you want to learn more from gary v -- you can follow him on twitter @garyvee, or read any one of his awesome books. i recommend starting with the book that started it all for me -- Crush It!: why now is the time to cash in on your passion.