spaghetti spaghetti squash
makes 4+/- servings
1 spaghetti squash
1 onion, chopped
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (i use organic 4-cheese marinara)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (italian blend)
preheat oven to 425
1. puncture the skin of the squash several times with a knife and place on a baking sheet. roast in the oven for 45 min or until tender.
2. in the meantime, saute the onion in a bit of olive oil until caramelized. season with salt.
3. once squash is done, allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting in 1/2 and scooping out seeds. then, with a fork, shred the flesh into a large bowl.
4. add onions and sauce to squash and mix well. season with salt. put squash mixture in 9 x 13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the top with cheese.
5. reduce oven temp to 325 and stick the casserole back in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
serve with a side salad for a completely easy (and yummy) weeknight dinner. i guarantee you will not miss your traditional spaghetti dinner at all!