omg. this pizza was truly awesome. very a-typically as far as toppings go, but what it lacked in tradition it made up tenfold in buttery goodness.
ok, so here's what went down...
earlier in the day i made some super easy, no-knead bread dough. i know i've shared this recipe before, but if you're anything like me, when i first heard "bread dough", i shunned it in fear. i always thought homemade bread was an undertaking for only the bravest and most patient of cooks. i mean, don't bakers have to start working at 3am just so they can open at 7am? but have no fear - this recipe is truly simple and easy. it takes about 5 min to mix together all the ingredients, and then you let it rise. then you mold it and bake. super easy i promise. (have i convinced you yet? here is the recipe.)
back to the pizza.
1/4 of bread dough recipe or 12oz pizza dough
6-8 stalks of asparagus (from a nearby farm)
2-3 fingerling potatoes
1/2 small meyer lemon, thinly sliced
3 oz brie
1 tbsp (or 3 tsp) olive oil
salt & pepper
1. preheat oven to 400.
2. wash asparagus & potatoes well. snap the woody part of the stems off of the aparagus and thinly slice the potatoes.
3. place veggies on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil over veggies and sprinkle with salt & pepper. roast for 10-15 in the oven until asparagus is tender and potatoes are golden brown around edges.
4. while the veggies are in the oven, thinly slice the shallots and saute in 1 tsp olive oil until caramelized. set aside.
5. sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone (or baking tray) and spread dough.
6. once asparagus & potatoes are done roasting and slightly cooled, arrange on the dough. add the lemon, shallots and brie.
7. drizzle final teaspoon of olive oil over top and season with salt & cracked pepper.
8. bake for 25 min or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. sprinkle with fresh rosemary before serving.
this pizza was seriously delicious. and the asparagus - both green and purple - from the local farmers' market was so fresh and sweet. even with the brie cheese, the asparagus stole the show..